MGM National Harbor to Open December 8
Now Accepting Room Reservations for December 2016
via NATIONAL HARBOR, Md., (October 3, 2016) – Bringing the first luxury gaming resort experience to the Capital Region, the $1.4 billion MGM National Harbor will make its highly anticipated debut Thursday, December 8, just minutes from Washington D.C. on the banks of the Potomac River.
The resort is accepting room reservations for stays beginning December 10 via mgmnationalharbor.com or (844) 646-6847. Nightly room rates start at $399 and suite rates begin at $599.
“After years of planning, designing and developing, we are thrilled that the moment is almost upon us to share this very special resort with the community and visitors from around the world,” said Lorenzo Creighton, president of MGM National Harbor. “We are grateful to Prince George’s County, the state of Maryland and all of the local designers, artisans and businesses that have collaborated with us to deliver this international resort with very local roots.”
Bill Boasberg, the resort‘s general manager, said, “On December 8, MGM National Harbor will introduce something unprecedented to one of the country’s most popular travel destinations. Under one roof, guests will enjoy a sophisticated hotel experience, high-energy casino, celebrity-chef restaurants, world-class entertainment, nightlife, destination spa, upscale retail and curated art, complemented by incredible panoramas of D.C., Maryland and Virginia.”
- 308 rooms and suites from 400sqft to 3200+
- Acclaimed chefs José Andrés, Marcus Samuelsson, and Bryan and Michael Voltaggio
- National Market will boast nine distinct venues inspired by local and global flavors
- Pan-Asian restaurant Ginger
- TAP Sports Bar
- Bellagio Pâtisserie, featuring a 26-foot-tall chocolate fountain
- The Theater in partnership with Live Nation “an intimate 3,000-seat venue slated to host the entertainment industry’s biggest acts and events. Complete with VIP suites and reconfigurable seating arrangements, the venue will welcome A-list concerts, comedy shows, UFC fights, boxing matches and other special events.
- Nightlife – Clique Hospitality, the trendsetting experts who have defined Las Vegas’ famed nightlife industry for more than a decade, is creating two distinct venues certain to become go-to spots for sophisticated socializing and inventive cocktails. Felt Bar & Lounge is an indoor/outdoor lounge featuring the region’s first tableside mixology program; and Blossom Cocktail Lounge, inspired by Washington, D.C.’s famed cherry blossoms, will be at the center of all the action.
Below are photos depicting the venue and you can view the rest of the press release here.